It’s my 1 year blog birthday! Wow. Time flies. I never knew if I’d stick with it. I think I’ve done a decent job at keeping up with it although I know I can do better! Here’s a little recap of what’s gone on in the past few months since my last blog….
Summer is in full swing so we’re trying to spend as much time outside with the little monkey. He LOVES the beach, the park, watching baseball games, driving his power wheels and playing in his sandbox. I enjoy blowing bubbles the whole time. It’s therapeutic. We will definitely have to find a carnival to go to because this kid is a little daredevil and I’m sure he will love carnival rides.
Next weekend I will participate in my second 5k. I mostly walk it, maybe a quick jog here and there and it’s totally for fun. It’s one of the Craft Brew races so there is a little beer party at the end. Clearly I’m going for the beer. My goal is to do just a little better than the last race since I’ve lost some weight since. I am down 28.2 lbs thanks to Weight Watchers and will power! Summertime is tough because of all the yummy food but my health is much more important!
In two weeks my baby cousin is getting married! I can remember when she was born! My little man will be in the wedding as well as me and I just can’t wait to see how cute he will be! I will definitely cry! I can’t wait to celebrate their special day with family, friends, good food and open bar!
I will definitely blog about my race and add some pictures of my little man. Til next time!!
Tyler was a little cray today. Typical Tuesday because he got to sleep in this morning, and didn’t really nap this afternoon. Getting him ready for bed was a struggle. Pajamas, brushing teeth, putting on his creams, it all took forever and he thought it would be more fun to throw things than to cooperate. I told him no book tonight because he wasn’t listening to me (typical 2 year old behavior!). Just as we finished up he said to me “goodnight truck book mama”. How could I say no? The book is called “Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site” and we read it every night. I found myself reading pretty fast because I really wanted to finish the book and for him to get to bed. As I was reading I thought to myself that these nights are numbered. In a few years he won’t want me to read to him. So I slowed down, read every word (yes I’m guilty of skipping words!), and we even read another book. I won’t take this time for granted because one day I’ll miss it. I’ll miss the snuggle time, bedtime books, and bedtime kisses. I love being his Mama.
Three years ago Pat and I decided we didn’t want to cook dinner and went out to eat. It just so happened to be Mother’s Day. As we sat down I and looked over the menu I saw the waiters bringing over roses for all of the mothers. I started feeling very uncomfortable. I said to Pat “they better not bring me a rose”. He asked why. I said it was because I’m not a mother, and what if we never had children? I would remember this forever, the day I got a rose on Mother’s Day and wasn’t a mother. Funny thing is that I was. Little did I know that I was maybe one week pregnant. Now I will always remember my first Mother’s Day flower.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Mom’s out there. I’ve never know true love til I became a mother.
Today I confiscated a plastic hammer (he was smashing it on the walls), cleaned up the chalk scribbles on the toy box, fed him 3 semi balanced meals (hey, that’s what Flintstones vitamins are for, right?), changed him (despite his failed attempt at putting his hands in his dirty diaper), cleaned him up (he earned a lollipop for letting me cut his nails), and I’ll be putting him to bed soon. And while I feel like I haven’t had a minute to myself I’m happy to do it all again tomorrow. I really love being a mom.
The holidays came and went. All of the shopping, cooking, baking, worrying is over with. Tyler had a great Christmas. Santa was very good to him! As the new year approaches I’m thinking back on the past year and looking forward to all of the good things 2014 will bring.
Wishing everyone happy holidays and a great 2014!
I’ve noticed (and participated in) posts on Facebook with a certain number of facts about the person. I accidentally liked someone’s status and got the number 6. But 6 isn’t a big enough number so here I will include 20 facts about me.
1. I can understand and speak Spanish pretty well. I speak it fluently when I’m drunk.
2. Sarcasm is my second language.
3. Some see me as outgoing but I’m really shy. I think it’s a coping mechanism or something.
4. I almost dropped out of high school.
5. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
6. I’ve only grown an inch and a half since I was 13. I’m 5’3.
7. I’ve struggled with weight issues my whole life. If I could only go back to my teenage years and tell myself that I’m not fat…
8. I’ve never been on a Ferris wheel or roller coaster.
9. My all time favorite tv show is Friends. I think I’m the female version of Chandler minus the third nipple.
10. I’ve only seen 3 Brad Pitt movies because I hate him. Team Aniston!
11. I was engaged for almost 7 years before we got married.
12. I knew as soon as I peed on the stick that I was pregnant and having a boy.
13. I’m half Italian and half mutt. No one has really given me a straight answer about what the other half of me is.
14. I’ve had the same cell phone number since I got my first cell phone in 1998.
15. I like to name my cars. My first car was named Leondaro. My current car is named Betty White.
16. I can’t watch scary movies at night. When I’m forced to I drink coffee so I will stay awake and not fall asleep and have bad dreams.
17. I think I’m a little psychic. I have vivid dreams that turn into reality.
18. I’ve wanted a Basset Hound since I watched the tv show Our House. That’s why we got Brutus (our 6 year old Basset Hound).
19. I’m the youngest of 3. My brother and sister are twins and 19 months older than me. Needless to say my parents are divorced.
20. I want to be famous. Haha who doesn’t?